When you are opening an account in the bank, you need different methods to withdraw your money; some people prefer to you cheques for that. When you open your bank account, you are provided with a checkbook, but the cheques are limited, so you have to apply for a new checkbook.
For this, Punjab national bank offers you online and offline methods to apply for a checkbook. Some people take their checkbooks while opening their accounts. However, few of them do not need a checkbook at that time, so they apply for one later. Suppose you are new and getting a checkbook for the first time. Then here are five ways to apply for a checkbook in Punjab national bank.
3 Methods through which a person can apply for a checkbook
Apply Online with internet banking
For applying through internet banking, you need to follow the below information provided. There are some things you need to keep in mind when you are using the internet option to apply for a checkbook.
Here are some of the points that you should know for online applications.
- The applicant should have an internet banking account in Punjab national bank.
- Cheque books are available for cash credit, savings, current and draft accounts.
- You can deliver your checkbook to the address provided to the bank or give a new address to the bank to deliver the checkbook.
- It will take 3 days for your checkbook for dispatch.
Steps to apply for a checkbook
- Log in to your internet banking account of PNB by adding your user id and password.
- Then in the top menu, you have to open other services options.
- Search for the checkbook option there.
- Choose for which account you want to apply for the checkbook.
- Choose how many checkbooks you need and apply for them. Then you will be directed to easy steps to apply for a checkbook.
Apply through SMS
- Firstly, you need to open the message window on your phone
- Then in the next step you have to write things in this format: (account no.) (M Bid)(No. of leaves)
- And send that SMS to 5607040
Make an application by calling customer care.
You can use customer services also to apply for a checkbook. Here are the points you have to follow:
- Call on 1800 180 2222
- Tell them that you want to apply for a checkbook.
Then they will provide you the checkbooks you are looking for.
When you call customer care, they can ask for some of your personal information to provide confirmation. After complete confirmation, your checkbook can take 2-3 weeks to reach your provided address. So these were some of the ways and steps that you can use to apply for a checkbook in Punjab national bank. Thus you need to follow the steps and get your cheques to book in a certain period.